Saturday, February 13, 2010

MT Students Rock!

I had the privilege of guest lecturing at Cortiva Institute of Massage Therapy a few weeks back, and enjoyed the experience immensely. The Research Applications class, part of an optional additional 4th quarter, invited me to share the current state of massage therapy research and to offer them guidance as they prepare for their required case report submissions.

I was prepared to present a power point of a recent literature review I'd completed and answer questions for an hour or so, but ended up staying three. It was wonderful to hear their bios, future plans, and to help them connect their interests to ongoing research; make it relateable, if you will.

Lots of interest in energy work; although we stayed on massage therapy and pain reduction for their case reports, for the most part. Many great questions and contributions to the discussion from students with a wide range of age, experience, and background.

Tucson Cortiva has impressed me with their leadership, direction, efforts to address research literacy in their curriculum, and support of their students. I look forward to addressing another class in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for sharing this useful information. I was doing a project and for that I was looking for related information. Some of the points are very useful.

    ReplyDelete